Authenticity of Our Perfumes
Hi friends and customers, Its always a frustrating to decide whether or not to buy a perfume from an online retailer when there are so many bunch of fake perfumes floating around in the market. To ensure customer satisfaction and answer most of the questions with regards to the authenticity of the perfumes, you can either find most of your answers in here or ask us through chat, mail or phone.
Since my journey through the world of fragrances, I have always come across a lot of a fake ones and also ones that were really close to being fake that actually got me confused with the original ones. I would like to address some key points that every original perfume would definitely have
The smell: A smell so prime that with just the whiff of the first spray you should get a good understanding of all the components of the perfume (top,middle,base notes)
The longevity: Not all originals would have a very long lasting smell on the skin and it definitely depends from skin to skin. But that doesn’t mean an original perfume would just about disappear in about a couple of minutes to an hour. The smell of an original would linger and blend and fade into the middle notes from the Top after a few hours and eventually to the base notes.
1. The Packaging
We deal in both unboxed and boxed perfumes. Unboxed perfumes are the same as the boxed ones. Only difference being the box is missing. The juice is the same as the ones in both bottles. Why go for unboxed, you ask? Well, the unboxed perfumes do not come with any fancy packaging and are much cheaper than the boxed ones. Of course, if its a gift for a dear one, We would suggest you go for a boxed one.
However, you can easily know the boxed perfume is fake if:
- They misspelled the perfume name on the box. How can an exclusive designer perfumes accidently misspell their brand on their product? Remember, designer perfumes are luxury items, this kind of mistakes will never happens.
- The wrapping is not perfect, original perfume should have its plastic cellophane wrap neatly around the box.
2. The Bottles
- You should always see the country of origin at plastic stickers under the bottles (eg: Made in France, Made in USA). Note that most fake perfume will not put country of origin. But..Be careful!! I have seen some Grad AA perfume also print country of origins under the bottles. But don’t worry there are still few way to check if the perfume is original. Continue reading..
- Original perfume will have high quality bottles, you can know this by the smooth and fine surface while fake perfume is a bit rough and contoured. The brand name printed on the bottle is normally embossed and can’t be easily erased.
- The cap of original perfume should fit snugly and stay in place if you flip the bottle upside down. Most of fakes perfume’s caps do not fit nicely with its bottle. You can know this by trying to open and close the cap.
3. The content
- Some people will tell you to shake the bottle to see if the perfume is original. What should we see actually? OK, for original perfume, the bubbles that appear when you shake the bottle should disappear in a span of approximately 10-15 seconds. However, fake perfume’s bubbles will immediately disappear after you shake it.
- The color should be consistent. If you are a die-hard fan of certain perfume, you should know its original color.
4. The scent
- Original perfume will have 3 layers: Top notes, middle notes, and base notes. That’s why you can smell the perfume differently when you first spray it, later you will smell the middle notes and finally you can smell the base notes. However, fake perfume may smell familiar but have a flat, one-dimensional quality to them like they are missing an entire layer of notes.
- Original perfume should last at least 2-3 hour or more when you wear it. Fakes will only last less than 1 hour.
- Original perfume should last more than 24 hours when sprayed on paper (EDP), while EDT will last at least 24 hours.
For more information, You can always google and find out about a perfumes genuinity
Have a nice day!